Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chinaberry


This is the Chinaberry Pullover. I have been working on this pattern for the last few weeks. As usual, it takes me almost as long to write the pattern as it does to knit it.

The original design idea started out as a sleeveless pullover in linen or silk and it may still become that, but I wanted something a little more versatile for the fall (when the oppressive heat of June/July '10 will be just a memory). I wanted to try it on, but it is closing in on 100 degrees in the Northeast today. I just can't.

I also want to have this test-knit before the pattern goes public. This is the Medium (36"), but I would like to have it checked for accuracy in the other sizes (33, 39, 42 and 44"). I am going to use a Ravelry group that I heard about through another designer. The issue is -- I will be away this coming week with spotty internet service. Do I just go for it or do I wait until I come back? I'm a little apprehensive....

No comments: