Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A lull

My apologies for being so long between posts.

So the fourth in the to-be-published Fall sweaters is finally done. This one for Knit Simple. Here's a little snippet, although I think this picture is a little blurry. (We bought a new camera -- Sony -- and are still trying to learn to use it.) This pattern is an all-over cable and I doubted that I would get it in by the deadline of June 1st, so I was up at 4:00 a.m. doing some knitting before work for the last two weeks of May. Again, the cabling was done without a cable needle, so it was speedier. The thing is that May is always a busy family month -- this year second son's Communion, Joe's 5oth, followed by second son's birthday. But all worked out in the end and it arrived at Soho in time.

In the interim, I've finished a seamless baby sweater, my own design based on the parameters set forth by EZ. It was lovely and had a matching bucket hat, in Cascade Cotton Rich for my second son's teacher who is due today. I'm not really that big a fan of cotton, but the yarn was delightful, very soft . Of course, I was in such a rush to get it done before the baby arrived, I forgot to take a picture.

I'm busy working on something I started awhile ago. It's from the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk Two pattern book. Horseshoe lace pattern, done with the front and back. I love the yarn, but it's the kind of stuff that I think I'll wear once and then spend years trying to be brave enough to clean (or have cleaned).

And I'm busily swatching and sketching for my next submission book which is due the end of the month. I submitted a book to Interweave early last month, but haven't heard anything yet. Usually I send 8 to 10 ideas, but because of my schedule I was only able to send in 5. I'm excited that Eunny will be the new editor as I think she's extremely talented, but in my one experience working with Pam Allen, she was generous and delightful. I'm sure she'll be doing great things at Classic Elite.

Hope to have some things to show you next time.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Very pretty snippet of your work. I can't wait until you can reveal the entire thing. Seems like you've been really busy! Good luck with your interweave submissions. Is that for the magazine or for a book project? I wasn't quite sure from your post.

Connie said...

Just saw your slip stitch vest in the Fall Vogue. Very nice!

Connie said...

Just saw your newest designs in the Fall Knit Simple. Very very cute!